Monday, August 16, 2021

Who Is Maud Dixon by Alexandra Andrews

 My Rating: 4.8


Florence is a low level employee at a publishing house. Florend stumbles into a job the assistant to the brilliant, enigmatic novelist who writes under the pseudonym Maud Dixon (real name Helen). Although Helen isn't an easy employer, it appears that the universe is finally providing Florence’s big chance.

Do NOT read the description of this book as it will spoil it. The first half of the book is building to what is in the book description so it is a definite spoiler. All of the critical reviews say that it shouldn't have taken 50% of the book to get to that part and it should have been edited down....but if you don't know what "it" is, it is written perfectly giving you the background and build up to the event. A twisted fun thriller with a creative plot line.

3 comments:

  1. I liked this one, too, Elle! I ended up listening to it on Audible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am intrigued. Adding to my library list. Thank you for you reviews. I always find great reads from you.
    Jeana
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete