Friday, June 21, 2013

A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra

My rating:  5.0

War-torn Chechnya, 4 families and their intertwined lives and the most gifted author.  Read it.  That is all you need to know.

This book unfolds in the most amazing poetic and beautiful way.  From the very first pages, you will know that you are in the hands of a gifted writer.  This novel is told in flashbacks so PAY ATTENTION TO THE DATES that, on the kindle, are in teeny tiny letters at the beginning of each chapter.



I believe this is the best book I have ever read.  Yes, ever. I will reread it again to be sure it is as amazing as I think it is....maybe I will have to reread it two or three time just to be absolutely sure.  Anthony Marra I want to know, when is your next book coming out? No pressure but, I eagerly anticipate it and will be waiting with baited breath.

Here are the characters in their households/groupings
Akhmed -a failed physician
Ula - his bed-ridden wife

Dokka - Father of Havaa.  Finger-less arborist.
Havaa - Eight year old daughter

Khassan - Father, writer.
Ramzan - Informant son

Sonja - Doctor and sister of Natasha
Natasha - Sister to Sonja
Deshi - Nurse and sister to Maali
Maali - Nurse and sister to Deshi


No comments:

Post a Comment