Saturday, August 20, 2016

Restless by William Boyd

My rating: 4.7

British widow Sally Gilmartin gives her daughter Ruth a folder and asks her to read it.  Ruth looks at the folder and asks her mother "Who is Eva Delectorskaya?" to which Sally replies "I am."  This is about becoming a spy, the impact on your life and others as well as the mother/daughter relationship,


I love books that flash back and forth in time and I found the training of a spy to be fascinating. It did slow down at times but I enjoyed the entire book very much.


2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book before,thanks for the review. Going to check my library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you like it. It isn't fast paced but I really enjoyed the feeling of what is would have been like to be a spy both during the War and afterwards. Let me know what you think of it. Have a great weekend Jeana xoxo

      Delete