Friday, December 29, 2017

Best Books of 2017

I love reviewing my year in books and looking at my 'Best of 2017'. It is hard to believe that I had 20 books this past year that made my 'Best of 2017' list - that is over one a month! It honestly felt like a 'good' book year but not a 'great' one...until I reflect on the list. As I look back on each book, it brings the memories of the characters and storyline that swept me away. It makes me want to reread each one!

Please share below with your stand-out books from 2017. I hope that 2018 is amazing and holds many fabulous books for us, as well as the time to savor them.

        

       

        

        


6 comments:

  1. Hi Elle - I so appreciate you and this blog. I am never at a loss for a good book rec from my book twin. Looks like many of my favorites are on your list, hmm no coincidence I am sure.
    The Grapes of Wrath
    Brown Girl Dreaming (audio is the only way to experience)
    All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    The Daughters of Palatine Hill
    The Storyteller
    A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
    This is How it Always Is
    The Handmaid's Tale
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    The Dry
    The Lost Wife
    So overall, I feel I had a decent reading year but not great because I have been in a Slump sine October and just can't find my way out. I did pretty well with my reading goals for the year though. I completed the Modern Mrs. Darcy Reading Challenges, I read more than 1/2 of the Steinbeck Novels (yes I wanted to complete and will in 2018) and exceeded my 52 Books challenge.
    I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Weekend and Here's hoping 2018 is the Best Reading Year Yet!
    Jeana
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just counted and I read 9 books in 2017 - wow! I appreciate you Jenna and your great recommendations. I have read some but not all of above so will add the new ones to my list - thank you! I hope 2018 holds happiness, good health and lots of amazing books for you. PS - Try "Never Coming Back" to break your book limbo.

      Delete
    2. How many? Assuming 90 something. Wow, my hero!
      Jeana

      Delete
  2. Here are my top 6. I could have chosen more, but these were the best of the best.
    Ginny Moon (read on your recommendation! - Thank you!)
    Persuasion by Jane Austen
    Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
    Between, Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson
    Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
    Smile by Raina Telgemeier (graphic novel)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rhonda for sharing those - I will check out the ones I haven't read xoxo

      Delete