Monday, December 4, 2017

The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff

My rating: 3.2

Noa gets pregnant by a Nazi officer and her family tosses her out in disgrace. She is forced to give up her baby and then rescues a Jewish infant out of a boxcar of children headed for a concentration camp. She flees with the baby to a German circus and ends up in a trapeze act and forms a friendship with the other woman.

I wanted to like this better than I did. It is a book about WWII and it had an ok story line. The flaw was in the writing and lack of character development (and perhaps the audio voice?) The characters were flat and not plausible and a lot of the story was VERY contrived. So many details were explained (as apparently readers are stupid and can't think) that it was frustrating. I did enjoy parts of this but there are so many books out there that I wouldn't recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment