Thursday, May 23, 2019

Captivate by Vanessa Van Edwards

My Rating: 2.3

Do you feel awkward at networking events? Do you wonder what your date really thinks of you? Do you wish you could decode people? Apparently, you need to learn the science of people.


This seemed more geared towards someone who is completely lost when it comes to reading people and their facial expressions...like COMPLETELY lost. I don't know anyone who is this inept at reading people. Maybe I have exceptional interpersonal skills (NOT!) but even when I got others who I viewed as less socially adept to take the quiz in this book, everyone scored very well. This book seemed very rudimentary without anything groundbreaking. Overall, this felt quite fluffy with advice like "don't force yourself to do things you don't want to do" and not anything amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment