Monday, May 20, 2019

The Banker's Wife by Cristina Alger

My Rating: 4.5

Matthew and Annabel are living in Geneva for Matthew's job that is working as a banker at Swiss United.  A couple boards a private plane bound for Geneva, when the plane disappears. It's wreckage is uncovered in the Alps with Matthew as one of the passengers.

Marina is a journalist who is engaged to Grant. Marina's future father-in-law is running for President. As she starts exploring the story of Swiss United, she realizes that she is disturbing things that some want to be left alone.


Love that this is filled with strong smart female characters! You get pulled into the world of offshore banking and the twists of this mystery/thriller. The writing is not nobel prize worthy but it was a fun entertaining read and I would read more by Alger.

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds great. I noticed this author has a new release soon too.

    Jeana
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you, I have her new release already on my library hold list! I hope it is as good as this one.

      Delete