Thursday, December 5, 2019

Things You Save In A Fire by Katherine Center

My Rating: 4.7

Cassie is one of the only female firefighters in her Texas firehouse. She's a total pro at other people's tragedies, but when her estranged and ailing mother asks her to give up her whole life and move to Boston, Cassie suddenly has an emergency of her own. Cassie reluctantly decides to move and embarks on a new firehouse, a new relationship and a new journey.



At times, this was a little off the meter for me on the romance scale but, overall I enjoyed it. I felt that it brought the firehouse to life and I really enjoyed that. Although Cassie's relationships - with her mother, with the rookie and others - was rather predictable, it wasn't so cheezy as to lose me. A very enjoyable read.

4 comments:

  1. I saw Bookmarks highly rated this one; thanks for your review! It's on my TBR list. Elle, have you read "Olive, Again" yet? I have three more pages to go and I'm reluctant to read them because I don't want the book to end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still on the library hold list for Oliva, Again - I can't wait for it to come in!! Thanks Amy xoxo

      Delete
  2. I added this to my TBR after I saw Katherine Center speak at our Book Festival in September. She is very funny. Her husband is a volunteer Fire Fighter and she was able to interview his friends and peers when researching to write this book. Thanks for reviewing.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is cool you saw the author speak! She definitely did her research to help the reader understand fires and how the firehouse dynamics work. It was a fun light read. I hope you love it too. Happy Holidays my friend. xoxo

      Delete