Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Long Bright River by Liz Moore

 My Rating: 4.8


Sisters, Mickey and Kacey were raised by their grandmother and were once inseparable. Now, their lives have taken very different paths. Mickey is a cop and Kacey lives on the streets. With an unfolding string of murders, Mickey gets increasingly concerned as to why she hasn't seen her sister in far too long.

This is told in a series of flashbacks to the sisters childhood and adolescence and then flashes forward to present day. It has a sense of foreboding where you want to rush ahead and yet the writing slows you down to absorb the beautiful flow. Loved the pacing and story.

2 comments:

  1. This was a good one. I enjoyed it too. Have you read the Unseen World? I have it on my list. Have a great weekend.
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read Unseen World and although I wasn't thrilled with the book, I loved her writing style. I think she has a lot of promise!

      Delete