Saturday, June 12, 2021

Sold On A Monday by Kristina McMorris

 My Rating: 4.7


In 1931 has so much desperation everywhere. Ellis is a struggling reporter who csptures a photo of two children and their mother with a "For Sale" sign. This photo wasn't meant for publication but leads not only to his big break, but to so many other unintended consequences.

This story was inspired by an actual newspaper photo. It captures the wholesomeness and the sadness of that era. The stories of Lillian, Ellis and the young mother and her children unfold showing how so many things are intertwined. There was a bit too much convenient drama but, it was a well written very readable story.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. I read The Edge of Lost by this author and enjoyed. I will check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Edge of Lost on my kindle but am moving it higher up in my queue now thanks to you! ♥

      Delete