Monday, March 20, 2017

Into The Dark Dark Wood by Ruth Ware

My rating: 4.5

Nora is invited to spend a weekend at a countryside for a Hen Party (Bachlorette) for a friend, Clare, that she hasn't seen in 10 years. She has misgivings over whether or not to accept but is talked into it by her friend Nina, who is also going. They both soon have misgivings, although they are trapped at the house out in the woods and don't feel right leaving before the weekend is over.


It doesn't take long (ok, it took me well over half way but I was just enjoying the ride) to figure out 'whodunnit'.  Still, I found this to be a very enjoyable read and just the type of brain popcorn I needed after a hectic day when I wanted something light to escape to. I believe Reese Witherspoon has purchased the movie rights and I could see it would make an entertaining Netflix watch (if they pick it up.

2 comments:

  1. Agree, this was a good "popcorn for the brain" book that I enjoyed. I went into it knowing zero about the book except that I thought it was a scary book, ha. Not sure where I go that impression. I hope to see the movie when it is released. Speaking of Reese Witherspoon, are you watching Big Little Lies?
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! I don't have HBO but if it is on Netflix or Amazon Prime, I definitely want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete