Saturday, September 7, 2019

Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane

My Rating: 5.0

This is about two kids, Peter and Kate, who grow up next door to each other and fall in love. It starts before they are born with their dad's, Francis and Brian, as rookie Irish cops on the same beat. You get to know all of Peter and Kate's family members as well as what goes on behind closed doors. There is a pivotal event that changes everything for both families.


This readable family drama is about life, love, forgiveness and so much more. I love how she captures Irish cops, living in New York. I fell in love with all the characters, flaws and all. I couldn't wait to get back to this book. Wow. Just wow. So sad it is over. Without a doubt, the best book I have read in quite a while. LOVED it!!!

3 comments:

  1. I had to go back and check and sure enough I gave it 4 1/2 stars on my LibraryThing account!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it great! I want to read more by this author.

      Delete
    2. She wrote a great article (I think it was in Vogue) about leaving the Catholic church - I'm the same age as the author and have a similar background and the article was so touching it made me cry.

      Delete