Sunday, September 15, 2019

Miracle Creek by Angie Kim

My Rating: 4.8

In Virginia, a special treatment center with a hyperbaric chamber that may cure a range of conditions from infertility to autism. Then the chamber explodes, two people die, and it’s clear the explosion wasn’t an accident.  This book is told in flashbacks before the accident and through the current day trial.

This book captures so much - how it would feel to be the mother of a child on the Autistic Spectrum, how it would feel to be an Immigrant, how it would feel to try to make a contraversial business successful, courtroom dynamics and so much more. So many aspects were so well represented in this book. This is uncomfortable in dealing with so many issues but extremely well written. It is hard to believe it is her first book and I can't wait for her next.

6 comments:

  1. Great review - I had it queued up in my Audible wish list; will move it to the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed this book. In a sea of thriller, mystery books...I thought this courtroom mystery was so good because as you point out it has so much more.
    Hope you Have a Great Week!
    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was really good - not fluff but a good mystery. I hope your week is going really well xoxo

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing. I'm so glad that Miracle Creek resonated with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angie for taking the time to reply!! I can't wait for your next book xoxo

      Delete