Thursday, September 19, 2019

The Mother In-Law by Sally Hepworth

My Rating: 3.8

Diana, Lucy's mother-in-law, has always kept Lucy at arm's length. Now Diana is dead just a short while after her husband's death and there is a note. Suicide seems to be the logical conclusion but as the police investigate, it seems there are a lot of motives for murder.


While I enjoyed the writing, the characters and the plot were lackluster. We were supposed to think the MIL was evil but it never delivered. Any supposed suspense felt anticlimatic and just didn't pull me in. I will try other books by this author as I did enjoy her writing style.

1 comment:

  1. Since I am doing the 100 Years of Books, it is going to be a while before I can get to it anyway so I won't be missing out. Thanks for the review.
    Hope you are having a good weekend
    Jeana
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete