Saturday, October 2, 2021

The Book Of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd

 My Rating: 4.9


This is about Ana, the fictional wife of Jesus. After the death of her betrothed, Ana marries Jesus and they live with his brothers families, and their mother, Mary in Nazareth


Having strong Christian beliefs, I wasn't sure how I would feel about this book. I truly enjoyed it. It captured very real characters and the time period. While there was much that I could have balked at, I went with it as a work of fiction. If you can put aside any personal beliefs and read this story as the fiction that it is, I think you may enjoy it. The writing is wonderful and she brings the relationship and the people to life. She obviously did a lot of research and handled this topic with reverence. It very much focuses on Jesus' humanity and takes the approach that, not only did he marry but, initially he has no idea of his purpose here on earth. A very entertaining piece of fiction.

2 comments: