Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The Mystery of Mrs Christie by Marie Benedict

My Rating: 4.7

In December 1926, Agatha Christie goes missing. Investigators find her empty car on the edge of a deep, gloomy pond. Her husband and daughter have no knowledge of her whereabouts, and England unleashes an unprecedented manhunt to find the up-and-coming mystery author. Eleven days later, she reappears, just as mysteriously as she disappeared.

It took me a while to puzzle out how I felt about this book. On one hand, it was a lot about nothing and, if it hadn't been Agatha Christie, this plot would never have been able to be pulled off. That being said, it was about a very mysterious little known time of Agatha Christie and I wanted to know what happened! After finishing the book I think that, as always, Ms. Benedict did an amazing job of researching and filling in the gaps with very plausible hypothesis of what happened. I also enjoyed getting to know Agatha's life.

1 comment:

  1. This is on my TBR. Need to get to it. Thanks for introducing me to this author.
    Jeana
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete