Wednesday, October 16, 2019

One Day In December by Jose Silver

My Rating: 4.0

Laurie is on the bus and at a stop, she makes eye contact with a man that she knows is 'the one'. She spends almost a year with her best friend Sarah looking for 'bus boy'. She is trying to come to terms with never finding him and instead is thrilled that Sarah has met the man of her dreams - Jack. When Laurie finally meets Jack, he is 'bus boy'.


Part of me loved this. I fell in love with Laurie, Sarah and Jack and the many twists and turns of their lives. I loved that this was told from all three of their perspectives (I definitely saw Hugh Grant as Jack!). Another part of me felt this had a cheezy Harlequin Romance feel but thankfully that was only for a very small part of the book. This was a sweet endearing story of star crossed lovers, friendship and fate. Definitely recommend the audio version.

Side Note: this is my first and only book I have added to the 'romance' category.

2 comments:

  1. I have seen this book everywhere. You are now the second trusted reader that doesn't read "romance" who enjoyed. Adding to my TBR. thanks Elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can skim over the couple of parts that are definite 'romance' I think you will love this! I loved it so much I am thinking of picking it for my bookclub in December - I figure at such a stressful time of year we can use a fun light discussion.

      Delete