Wednesday, October 30, 2019

The Lost Girls of Paris by Pam Jenoff

My rating: 3.0

This covers WWII and the role women had as radio operators and couriers. It mainly deals with Marie and Eleanor and then also there is Grace who is in 1946.


While I enjoyed the story line of women's role during the war, the writing and characters felt 'flat' to me. Perhaps it was the audio narration but, despite a very interesting premise, I just didn't care about anyone in this book. It felt completely lacking in character development. I also felt there was a lot of holes in things (ditzy women being put in charge or being enlisted with no other skills than a language?) as well as historical errors (there was no daily news coverage back in 1946).  It was also very quickly obvious who the bad guy was so there was no suspense in that for me. I realize that I have read a few other books by this author and gavc them all mediocre ratings so, I think that this author isn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment