Wednesday, October 9, 2019

The Mother's Promise by Sally Hepsworth

My Rating: 4.7

Alice is a struggling single mother to Zoe, her teenage daughter who also has crippling social anxiety. They are always there for each other as their tight family of two, until Alice gets diagnosed with cancer. Then their circle has to expand to allow the help and support they need to get through the illness.


I really enjoyed this book. I felt so much for both Alice and Zoe. Zoe's social anxiety was very well portrayed and I loved her speech so much.There was one part that seemed a bit too coincidental with Alice's past and Sophie's husband but, I did love it and even cried at the end. Very well done.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Elle! Adding to my TBR. I am making my way through the 100 Years of Books challenge over the next year. By the time I get back to reading Newer books, my list will be super long.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete